TNAPT 2019 Summer Conference featuring
Dr. Janet A. Courtney, Ph.D., LCSW, RPT-S
Friday, June 14 – Saturday, June 15!
Hilton Garden Inn in Smyrna, TN
Day One: The Ethical and Clinical Applications of Touch in Play Therapy
Dr. Courtney will review the ethical and clinical considerations of touch including current research, cultural concerns, and the importance of touch to human development for the morning ethics training. She will then explore safe touch in child, family and play therapy in the afternoon, including the utilization of FirstPlay® Kinesthetic Storytelling, and the Rainbow Magic Hug.
Day Two: Expressive Arts in Play Therapy to Heal Child and Family Trauma
Dr. Courtney will share a wide range of expressive arts interventions that can be integrated in play therapy for treating children and families who have suffered varied experiences of trauma in their lives. This presentation will also review an understanding of the neuroscience related to the effects of trauma. This will be a hands-on experiential training.
New this year! We will have a presenter “meet-&-greet” dinner with Dr. Courtney on Friday night!
TNAPT is an Approved Provider by APT to offer continuing education specific to play therapy, provider no. 03-138. TNAPT maintains responsibility for the program.
Schedule for both days
8:00 - 8:45 Registration / Coffee 8:45 -12:00 Morning Presentation
12:00 - 1:15 Lunch (on your own)
1:15 – 4:30 Afternoon Presentation
BOTH DAYS EARLY REGISTRATION (If paid by 06/05/2019- add $25 after this.)
$200 - APT/TNAPT Member
$250 - Non-Member
$175 - Grad Student (w/ copy of photo ID)
ONE DAY EARLY REGISTRATION (If paid by 06/05/2019- add $25 after this.)
$125 - APT/TNAPT Member
$150 - Non-Member
$100 - Grad Student (w/ copy of photo ID)
6.0 CEUs are offered each day to mental health professionals or graduate students in a mental health field. The training on Day One will include 3.0 CEUs in Ethics.
1. State 3 ways that the neurobiology of touch is related to attachment and social engagement.
2. List 3 ethical considerations related to touch in play therapy sessions.
3. State 3 examples of child-initiated touch and therapist-initiated touch within play therapy
4. Describe how touch in play therapy facilitates attachment as a therapeutic power of play.
1. Explain 3 ways neuroscience supports healing trauma through expressive and play therapies.
2. Demonstrate at least 3 expressive art interventions that can be used within play therapy.
3. State 5 Family Play Therapy expressive arts assessments and interventions
4. Identify at least 3 therapeutic powers of play accessed using expressive arts in play therapy.
Registration fees are payable by check or credit card. To pay by credit card you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and an invoice will be emailed to you. Or you can use the Paypal buttons below. If paying by check, please make checks out to TNAPT and mail with this form including name and contact info to:
Jamie Lynn Langley, LCSW, RPT-S
617 Potomac Place, Suite 401
Smyrna, TN 37167
All cancellations are subject to a $25 fee. There are no refunds after June 5, 2019 however substitutions are allowed as long as they are eligible.
Please direct any questions regarding this training to Jamie Langley at email@example.com
**We have a new location this year!**
Hilton Garden Inn
2631 Highwood Blvd. Smyrna, TN
To reserve overnight accommodations:
PAYMENT: Go to Paypal Button below and click which option you choose to register for.